What To Wear In Your Headshot Sessions
Ok, you just booked your session, congratulations! Now we start figuring out how on earth we're going to prepare for the big day.
- Pick clothes that have bold, solid colors. Avoid busy fabric patterns that distract the eye (definitely leave the Hawaiian shirts at home!)
- Bring an undershirt or wear a tank top underneath your outfit so you can comfortably switch shirts outdoors
- Avoid large logos; small logos are ok, like those little crocodiles on polo shirts
- Avoid black and white, unless you're planning to layer it under something else like a scarf or jacket. Black leather jackets are ok!
- Speaking of which, during your shoot think in layers; we can get more 'looks' in the same amount of time by just being creative with the way we layer clothing
- Focus on shirts, we might include the top of your pants in some 3/4s shots, but the main focus in our photos will be on the tops.
- Don't worry a thing about shoes! In these shots we will most likely not see your footwear.
- Above all make sure you feel comfortable in what you're wearing! That's the most important piece in the puzzle!