Save Time Sorting Images From Your Headshot Session
For most people, scheduling a headshot session isn’t their highest priority and is something that just needs to be checked off a to-do list.
For businesses, it’s even worse… the poor person in charge of coordinating headshots probably has a million things on her plate and dealing with coordinating a “picture day” seems like a time-suck of a project.
But… it doesn’t have to be that way!
The two places where we see the biggest headshot bottlenecks, for both companies and individuals, are in the booking and scheduling process and in the selection and image delivery. At StudioCraft, we have a solution to both of those problems that make the whole process simple.
- This takes two forms:
- For Individuals: Most individuals would rather have a root canal than play phone tag with a photographer (and most photographers are notoriously terrible about responding to phone calls) just to go back and forth on pricing, getting all the information they need about their headshot session, and ultimately coordinating calendars. Our answer to this is simple, we give you all the information you need about your headshot session upfront on the website, including pricing and an online booking calendar and payment system. It’s so easy that 90% of our headshot customers don’t even call or email before scheduling an appointment! Once we receive your booking request we reach out to you with any questions or additional information we need to make sure your session runs as smoothly as possible.
- For Businesses: Businesses have a slightly different problem. Not only do they need to coordinate the date and time for the photographer to come, but they also need to coordinate when the staff is going to be photographed. Once again, StudioCraft is here to make your life easier. Once you have expressed interest in hiring us for your company’s headshots, we reach out to you to gather all revenant information for the day that works best for your team. We can even provide a system where staff can schedule their own timeslots. It doesn’t get much easier than that, or does it? Anyone who has ever scheduled one of these sessions knows that there are always going to be stragglers who can’t make it on the days that they photographer will be there. In those cases, the employee can simply book a session at our studio and we’ll take good care of them.
- This is actually the thing that stresses people out more than anything. Which photo do I pick? How can I narrow them down? They all sort of look the same! Unlike some photographers that leave you with a gallery of tens or hundreds of photos to choose from after the headshot session, we work with you collaboratively to identify what you like and don’t like so that we can make changes along the way and you can walk away knowing exactly which portrait you love. This allows us to retouch the photo and deliver it to you without any delays! For businesses, the process is the same. Each person picks his or her favorite photo on the spot, eliminating the weeks of delays and chasing people down to pick their photos from a gallery. This process literally saves companies weeks and months of time!
HOW TO SELECT YOUR IMAGE FOR RETOUCHING
Depending on how your headshot session was booked, the selection of the final image may be up to you or someone from your company. If you’re making the selection, here are some tips to consider:
- When you are viewing your images don’t focus on any flyaway hairs, lint or blemishes. Those are easily fixed when you have a retouching package.
- If you are having a hard time deciding on a photo we recommend getting a second opinion from your significant other or a trusted coworker.